Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Shaky Business

In many ways, I'm back to doing things I was doing before the surgery, but the downside is that I'm still a lot more fragile than I used to be.  I don't want to be--I don't like it all--but it is what it is.  I went to church Sunday and stayed for the entire 3-hour meeting, and by the third hour, I was shaky.  Even my voice was shaky, which is weird for me, the one who can usually project to the back of the room if needed.  Last night, we had family night with A &L and the girls and I tried to sing with them, but I sounded like one of the Munchkins.  How will it be to go back to chorus next Tuesday night?  I hope it will just take some practice.  I came home from church Sunday, had a bite of lunch, and tried to start a new library book.  But, before I knew it, I was sound asleep, worn right out.
The sleepless nights continue.  Many suggested I try Melatonin, which I have, and it allows me to sleep for about 2-3 hours...and then I'm awake.  I find myself pacing the perimeter of my TV room in the dark, just to relieve my restless legs, and make myself more exhausted.  Last night, I rubbed lotion into my legs and arms and then laid down under the fan.  That must have done the trick because I don't even remember Dean going to work at 4 AM.  I woke up to my alarm clock (J needed to get yearbook pictures taken at the school this morning) and just wanted to stay in bed.  I know it will get better one of these days, but it sure is frustrating.  Sometimes, I just want to put on my shoes and go walking at 2 in the morning.  Weird.  Wonder who else I'd meet, sleepless in the neighborhood.
On a good note, I'm working more.  My feet swell up like little sausages, sitting at my desk, so I have to take a break more often.  But, that's okay.  It gets me moving and helps me remember to fill up my water bottle, rotate the laundry, check in with the family, and put my feet up for a few minutes.  Seems to help.
I'll be glad when I don't have any issues to report.  Don't you get tired of hearing me moan and groan?  I sure do get tired of it.  I've got to get out of the "shaky business" and into the "fighting mode" again, as my 3-month scans are just around the corner.  I think I need (want) another vacation before then.  Where's that sack full of gold coins?

1 comment:

  1. I'll never get tired of your posts--complaints or not. I'm just glad for the updates on how you're doing...since I'm so bad at ever calling you!

    ReplyDelete