Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Insurance Issues

No doctor appointment this morning. I had to cancel because I still don't have approval from the insurance "gods" to get the MRI scheduled & Dr. G wants that done before we can move ahead. I finally got involved yesterday (nurse Karen has been fighting with them single-handedly so far, poor girl!) and called to see if my own voice would make any difference. Nope. I often think they could care less. It's not like I'm pretending to be Stage 4 or that I go out and request scans & MRIs. Just once I'd like to say, "let's switch places and see how YOU feel." They told me that my doctor needs to request a "peer to peer review", as if he doesn't have anything else to do with his valuable time & energy. I'll call the office this morning and tell them and we'll go from there. Good grief!
This morning, I got all watered up for oatmeal with fresh blueberries for breakfast...but I guess I'll have to wait until lunch. My stomach is on an "every other day" roller coaster, full of ups & downs, and today decided to be a "down" day. So, I'm drinking breakfast - chocolate-flavored protein. And since I'm still in my jammies, I guess Einstein & I will snuggle and watch some TV. Maybe that will take my mind off the issues that, quite honestly, I really have no control over at this point. Very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment