Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Constant

Monday, I was sick, my same normal sick. No biggie, but tiring. Tuesday, I tried to make up for not doing anything the day before, and things were tough. Tried to straighten the house & move furniture for carpet cleaning, traffic to & from school was crazy, Einie really needed a bath, and my girl's first extraction at the dentist was the "most painful thing" she's ever felt...ever. To top it off, I was on the phone four or five times, trying to get my scans coordinated between the doctor's office & the girl at Radiology, and trying to get a prescription refilled since I was down to my last pill. There I was, sounding strong but feeling weak, still in my pajamas at 1:30 in the afternoon with 45 minutes to go before school let out. I got into the shower & heard the phone ringing again. There was a message from Nancy in Dr. G's office, saying that our new health insurance was two weeks behind in their pre-authorizations for scans, so it was doubtful I would be going ahead with the PET next Monday as planned. My heart sank. As much as I hate these scans, I hate not knowing what's inside even more, and pushing them further down the line just makes it worse. I wondered how this news would mess up the holidays, feeling certain it would. Sad, sad, sad. Went to bed with a prayer that things would be better in the morning.
And they were, of course. Early, 8 AM early, Nancy called again to ask if I had talked to Radiology about a tentative schedule for the scan & I said, yes, somewhat warily. She said, "Good because the pre-auth went through and we're good to go on Monday." I couldn't believe it...had I heard her correctly? I think we both said, "Awesome!", at the same time. I hung up the phone and cried. Another miracle. They never cease to amaze me. They always make me cry. God's love is constant, even when I doubt. 
I am extremely grateful for the constant prayers for me & my health & my family. I am humbled by the special fast my sweet ward family will be offering in my behalf this Sunday, along with members of my family & friends. Miracles are already coming. I cannot say thank you enough...but I'll keep trying...

(The best part of Tuesday, 11/12/13, was the anniversary of these two cute "kids" that I love dearly!)


No comments:

Post a Comment