Friday, February 14, 2014

Love Pics

(Daddy Aaron holding the hand of his perfect little son...a treasured moment...)

 I know I haven't blogged lately; maybe because there is more to "show" than there is to "tell". News on the medical side is pretty boring right now--for a few more days anyway--which is just how we like it. Scans are happening in four more days & it's hard to believe 3 months have gone by since the last ones. But that's not to say that life hasn't been a-movin' and a-shakin'! Just enough to keep me busy and on my toes, which is a great boost to the energy level, as well as the quality of sleep when I do finally crash. The Creon meds (my pancreatic enzymes) are working tons better since I was taught how to take them properly, so that has been a blessing. Food isn't very fun when it becomes a constant worry...

Now for the "showing": This has been a dreary, cold winter for me. The house is never warm enough & is only tolerable when I wear a sweater or jacket inside (I feel like Mr. Rogers--now I understand changing into a zip-up sweater right after walking through the door! I do it, too!) So, the following "love pics" have warmed my heart and kept me from tipping over the edge of sadness due to lack of sunshine & fresh air. It's been tough! 

January is brighter because of my tall, thin, teenaged girl who celebrated her 17th birthday without too much hoopla (our car was in the shop all day, so we had to be content to watch movies under our fleece blankets). She makes me smile daily, cry once in a while, and laugh when I really need it. What a gift she is! The picture of her as a sweet chubby baby with my darling dad was a warm way to celebrate his 75th birthday at the end of January. We miss him hourly...  And our chub-a-bubba, Jax, is now 7-months old, as of January 28. Papa Roy must giggle every time he sees these precious babies!

February has already enlarged my heart & filled it with love for my wonderful family. On February 5, our little Jane celebrated her 4th birthday with balloons and berry-filled cake and lots of girly-gifts...AWESOME! But the best gift of all (though she may argue that fact as she gets older!) was the birth of her brand-new baby brother later that afternoon! Will Calvin was born about 5:30 PM on February 5. He weighed 7 lbs 8 oz, was almost 20 in long, and has the cutest, roundest face & little boy "haircut"! We are all completely in love with him. In the words of his proud daddy, he is "perfect"! We've kissed his velvety-cheeks, snuggled his tiny body, and watched, mesmerized by his every breath & movement. He has captured our hearts.

Finally, no pics, but February 9 marked our 35th anniversary. 35 years? How can that be? Some days, it feels like forever--other days, it was a blink of an hour. Crazy life.

Enjoy the "showings". I feel warmer already.

1 comment:

  1. I love all of those people so much!! I am madly in love with Wills already!! Lisa I LOVE YOU!!

    ReplyDelete