Thursday, April 21, 2011

New Eyes

April 21, 2011: Yesterday was eye exam day. It shouldn't be deemed a "day", but it sure felt like it lasted that long. I forget that you have part of the exam, then comes the pupil dilation, then you wait for the full effect, and then comes the rest of the exam - the "looking inside". I was tired. I wanted it to be quick and easy. It wasn't. My eyes have changed (they always do from year to year), and I get discouraged thinking how NOT WELL I really see. Part of it is aging...nothing I can do about that. Part of it is wearing my last pair of contacts well beyond their expiration date. Must do better about that this year. Lakik came up, but even the doctor said, "Let's get you through radiation first." Good man.



For the second time in two days, someone has mentioned a book, called "The pH Miracle". I'm going to look into it. I'm already reading, "Anti-Cancer", and am very moved by it, even though I'm only on Chapter 3 (still). I realize that we have all heard or seen amazing antidotes to this awful disease and we all want to be able to take a pill, eat a vegetable, walk for 30 minutes a day, and be cured. I am willing to try (just about) anything, so I don't mind hearing the stories and reading the books. It's just that when the first line or paragraph says something like, "This is what Mr. Magoo (any name will do) ate/drank/meditated upon/coated themselves with/injected to cure their cancer...", it takes me a minute to realize I'm now in that group. And then, it's hard to read on. I'm toddling baby steps, seeing with new eyes (literally, now that I have a new pair of contacts on my eyeballs).



Check off the eye exam. I'm good for another year. (And I will be here for that exam!!) I'm halfway done with the appointments Dr. Grossmann and Dr. Avizonis wanted me to do for the clean sweep. Next week should prove very interesting - and not too fun. Lucky me. And yet, LUCKY ME that it's a mere 6 1/2 weeks since my diagnosis and I'm this far on my journey. Lucky, blessed me. The Lord is working overtime, and I love Him for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment