Wednesday, April 13, 2011

There are no coincidences in life

April 13, 2011: Today I'm thinking about my wonderful father-in-law. He would be 91 today. He was a sweet, humble man and I'm grateful I got to know him for so many years. I know he's in a happier place now, beside his sweetheart. We miss you, Cal.


Last Friday morning (during our Spring Break), we were in the car on the way to Chelsea's. Dean decided he needed 2% milk for his breakfast, so we stopped at the Maverick down the mountain pass from the villa. Ness and I were waiting in the car when someone knocked on my window. It was my little sis, Dionne! She and her four kids had packed up from staying with Mom and were on their way out of town. She said that as she drove away from the villa, the Spirit said, "You should stop at Maverick." She thought, well, I should get gas, but I don't really need to stop at Maverick - and she kept driving. As she stopped at the light and turned the corner, the Spirit again said, "YOU SHOULD STOP AT MAVERICK." Dionne said the prompting was so strong, she put on the brakes and pulled into the last Maverick driveway and drove up to a gas pump. As she stopped the car, she looked up - and saw our car sitting there in a parking place. Coincidence? I think not. One more time to give hugs and say our goodbyes and tell each other "I love you" before the family got on the road for their long journey home. Thanks for following the Spirit, Dionney. I love you.


Yesterday, when I picked up Nessi from school, I asked how her day went. "Good," she said, and I said, "Mine was good, too," and proceeded to tell her about the visit with Dr. Avizonis. Suddenly, she asked, "You went to the doctor today?" When I nodded my head, she said, "I forgot to wear my bracelet. I've been trying to wear it every time you have a doctor's appointment." The "bracelet" is a precious gift she got from one of her Young Women leaders. It has a little heart charm that is inscribed, "Miracles & Hope." I thought that was the sweetest thing, that she would want to wear it every time I go to the doctor.


And when I think of all those who surround me and give me hope, I know there are no coincidences in life. I am at this place at this time with these people because it was always meant to be. God knew. He knows the beginning to the end and guides our steps. It is amazing.

1 comment:

  1. What a great story from your sister. Thanks for posting. I'm always anxious for your updates. Love you.

    ReplyDelete