Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Great is Raining on Me

(Like this song lyric...just been waiting for a good time to use it!)
It's been five and a half months since my Whipple surgery...and I realized that I am once again SICK of hearing my own complaints.  If this is how the rest of my life is going to be, then so be it.  From now on, I am FINE...really, truly fine.  And with autumn upon us, "great" really is raining on me today.
I had a great few days with my Chelsea and family.  She was busy "working", so I didn't see them as much as I would have liked, but when we were together, it made me smile.  I've missed them.  I miss all my big family.  We got to spend a short hour with Aaron and family, too, and I loved seeing those sweet little cousins laughing and squealing with each other.  All my grands are growing up so cute and smart!  Warm fuzzies in my heart...
I'm trying chorus again tonight.  We're starting to rehearse "Messiah" for the Thanksgiving weekend concerts.  I can do this.  After all these years, most of it is memorized.  It makes me happy to see notes from past performances:  "SMILE when you sing these words!", "Don't lag behind...be energetic!"  Good advice then, great advice now.
We have a little school break this week.  It will be nice to sleep in longer than 5:45 and do something "great" at least once a day with my high school girl.  'Course, she has her own agenda, too.  We'll see if she can squeeze me in...
(Picture:  Chelsea & Janessa at Bryce Canyon several years ago)

No comments:

Post a Comment