Thursday, November 8, 2012

Giving Thanks in all Things

I love Thanksgiving.  Not just the holiday (but, I admit, it's a favorite), but the focus on gratitude and being thankful.  Thank FULL.  FULL of thanks.  So full of thanks that there is no room for complaint or ingratitude.

I am thankful for my beautiful family.  My hard-working hubby, my talented and happily-married children and their wonderful spouses (celebrating anniversaries this month - 10 years for Aaron & Lindsey, 8 years for Chelsea & Robby), my brave and funny teenager, my hope-and-faith-filled momma, my loving and loved siblings, and all the rest who give me such support and strength.  You bless my life more than I can ever say.

I am thankful for miracles.  I am blessed daily by God's mercy.  He looks beyond my mistakes and lifts me from the black holes I continue to dig.  He is quick to hear my prayers and answers them in diverse ways.  There is nothing He cannot do, and I keep hopeful that He will heal me.  My days are numbered by Him and there will not be one less than what He already sees.  Through his mighty Atonement, I am blessed by His grace, as imperfect as I am.  What a miracle.

My life is fairly routine again, and that, too, is a blessing I am thankful for.  I can drive Janessa to and from school, I can go to the grocery store and gas station, I can go out to eat on Saturday nights, I can visit neighbors and friends, I can work a few hours a day, I can vacuum and do dishes and laundry, I can hug my family and talk on the phone, and I can sing.  There is much more on the "can do" side of the list than the "can't do" side, and for that, I am grateful.

 Doctor's appointments and new scans are just around the corner.  Tomorrow, I go to Dr. Bradley to get my right ear looked at.  It feels plugged, possibly from dry skin (from the past radiation).  When I sing, my head buzzes or feels hollow, depending on the pitch.  So, a good clean-out may be in order.  If it's that easy a fix, I'll be very grateful.  From there, we'll see what the next month brings.  Whatever it is, I can handle it.  I will not be alone.  I am full of thanks.
(Pictures taken October 2012)

1 comment:

  1. So nice to read a new post, and so good to hear your positive comments. Plus, you look fabulous! Love you lots, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete