Friday, November 30, 2012

Medicines

First infusion of IPI is done and over.  Huntsman's Infusion Center is such a beautiful place--recliners, TVs, big picture windows looking out over the Salt Lake valley, the best staff ever--it's too bad you only go there if you're sick.  Once again, I kept thinking over and over that we purposely allow someone to put a needle in our vein to pump toxic chemicals through our body--we actually GO to get it done and PAY for it, too!  But, it's worth it if that nasty medicine will do its job and KILL, KILL, KILL the cancer.  I'm chanting and praying and being positive about the whole situation.  It will work, I know it.

We arrived at Huntsman yesterday morning at 7:30 AM and didn't leave until 12:30 PM.  Long, LONG wait to get the labs back from my blood work so the pharmacy could mix the IPI for me personally(what a concept, one I hadn't thought of before...), then 90 minutes of infusion (vital signs were taken every 30 minutes, so time seemed to fly), then another hour of "observation" after the IV was taken out.  Lindsey and I were slap-happy-silly by the end, talking about Christmas and cute kids & grands and crazy life, and I know the laughter, prayers, and priesthood blessings helped calm me and give me courage and keep me smiling.  Laughter is truly the best medicine and doesn't have to be injected, tolerated, or paid for.

No side effects yet.  I'm good to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment