Wednesday, December 19, 2012

IPI Infusion, No. 2

Today is my 2nd IPI infusion at the Hunstman Center.  I know I've been absent from the blog for three weeks, but have been enjoying getting ready for the holidays and Chels and her family coming to stay for a while.  I haven't experienced any of the awful side effects--at least not to any degree that I couldn't carry on.  Itchy skin in places (could just be the dry winter skin syndrome and not a skin rash side effect) and the same ol' bowel troubles I've had since the Whipple surgery.  I get tired around dinnertime, but who doesn't, right??  So, things have really been okay.  The only thing I'm worried about with this 2nd infusion is that I'll get "double whammied" since I got off so well with the first...and here we are, only six days from Christmas.  That would NOT be the ideal.  But, I'll deal with that if and when it comes.
Chelsea is going with me through this long day of lab tests, a visit with Dr. Grossmann's nurse, Carolyn, and then the three-hour treatment.  We'll take our snacks and our projects and probably watch a little TV, but mainly we'll just relax and enjoy the view from the Infusion Center of the beautiful snow-covered valley.  It's cold today, but I know it will be warm and cozy there.  I'm grateful to Rob for holding down the fort here, which includes care of the three littles and the two dogs, and to Linds for doing chauffeur duty after school.  We are also receiving a meal from our neighbor tonight and that will help immensely.  Life is good and I am blessed.
I'll try to post again in a few days, just to report how things are going.  The holidays are in full swing, so I'm trying to get myself pulled together and get things done.  The gift-giving is meager this year, but no one seems to care.  We're together and that's what really matters any way.

2 comments:

  1. You're so right, dear friend. People/family is the true gift! Glad you're getting the treatments and that they're not too strenuous.

    Love you, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The gift-giving is meager this year, but no one seems to care." That's how things are feeling at our house as well. I hope everything goes smoothly for you, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete