Friday, September 28, 2012

Beautiful Words in any Language

I tried to do a chorus rehearsal last Tuesday for concert weekend and realized that I didn't have the stamina yet.  I mostly mouthed the words as everyone around me belted out the great words and music.  It was strenuous singing, even for the hearty.  For me, with the strength of a kitten as times, it was frustrating.  Need to get stronger to be a better contributor to the chorus...and to life, too.
Regardless of my inability to sing, I was moved by the words in this beautiful piece of music.  I guess I should say the "translation" of the words, since we were singing in German.  Without the translation, it certainly didn't mean as much to me.  Here's just a sampling:
LOBGESANG ("Hymn of Praise") by Felix Mendelssohn
"Let everything that breathes praise the Lord"... I am breathing--that much is sure.
"Praise the Lord, my soul, and forget not the good things He has done!"... never, ever forget, my miracles and hope.
"He numbers our tears in times of distress" ...one of His many blessings.
"Blessed are they who put their trust in the Lord!  Blessed are they who put their HOPE in Him!" ...yes!
"Now let us all thank God with heart, mouth, and hands,
Who in all adversity, turns graciously to us and does so many good things;
From childhood on, He has kept us in His care and done good to all..." ...tremendous gratitude.
"Hallelujah, praise the Lord!" ...Maestro Fischer pronounced that the greatest word in all the world is "Hallelujah", that we should sing and say it with enthusiasm and thanksgiving and love.  I agree.
In any language, I thank God that I am alive and acknowledge His blessings in everything around me.  He is truly a God of Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment