Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Now We Celebrate

The "official" results of last Thursday's scans, in Dr. Grossmann's own words, "Your scans look great."  Now, I can breathe easier and relax.  We love coming away from appointments with optimism and hope beyond belief and smiles...and those magic words, "See you in three months."  I am officially NED, and wow, it feels great.
I do have one reactive lymph node on the left side of my neck that Dr. G could feel on examination.  "Reactive" means it acts like a normal lymph node, similar to one that might be affected by a cold and other infection.  (Guess I'd better get my bad tooth on the left side fixed once and for all, in case that's what is causing things to show "red" on my scans...)
I also have to go back on the Lovenox shots twice a day (I cut down to one shot without permission because I was getting a huge bruise every time I brushed against even the smallest thing) and eventually, I'll go back to the Coumadin pills.  The clot is still in the liver and Dr. G. is hoping it will be re-absorbed soon.  Dr. Scaife seemed to think it would be, so that's what we'll hope for, too.  He did say I would probably be required to stay on the blood thinning meds for a year because the clot is still showing up on the scans.  Just one more "perk" to such an extensive surgery.
I have also been wrangling with insurance the past few days.  I'm not very analytical, so it's hard for me to wrap my brain around numbers that look foreign and confusing to me.  Bottom line is that I am now on three different "payment plans" and it will be a juggling act every month to figure out how they'll get paid, especially now that I can't work as much.  For every bright shining moment, there is usually a really dark nasty one lurking on my office desk trying to mess up my happiness.  Well, not today, buddy!  And even though I've had to talk to three different companies about insurance issues today, I refuse to let them take my light away. 
NOW, we celebrate...
(Picture:  Little Me at 8 years old.  I was in the third grade.  I had been sick for a few days before this was taken, so I look paler than usual.  LONG, long ago...)

1 comment:

  1. I glanced at the photo and thought it was Chelsea from our Bountiful days! What fun photos you post. Hope you're continuing to celebrate, despite the dark moments that pop up. Love you. So good to see you at the funeral/viewing. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete