Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Grateful...and cranky

I'm sorry I complained about insurance and all that jazz in yesterday's post.  I should have been jumping up and down with joy and gratitude...but I have a weird pain that is making me very cranky. 
I pulled weeds along the side of my fence a few Saturdays ago, and even though I sat in a chair instead of leaning over or sitting sprawled on the cement, every once in a while, when I pulled a little too hard, I actually heard a "POP" on my right side at the top of my rib cage.  Should have stopped at the first POP, but didn't.  That hurt for a few days, but finally went away.  Then, Monday, I had had it with my filthy carpets and moved half of my furniture to the other side of the room to do half of the carpet at a time.  Our little carpet cleaner is actually easier to maneuver than our big heavy vacuum cleaner, but once again (minus the POPs), I have this pain above my rib cage...and it's making me nuts.  Feels fine when I'm standing or walking, but I have to gingerly lower myself into chairs or onto the bed and then deal with the sharp pain for a few minutes.  Didn't sleep well last night.  Felt more cranky when I got up before dawn.  There's still half a room to clean, but I don't have the strength to do it.
So, ignore the complaints and attribute it to the pain talking--and know that I am beyond grateful for the miracles that have occurred in my life the past eighteen months as far as medical bills and insurance goes.  There are still those who contribute anonymously to the Medical Account my kids set up in St. George, for which I am so thankful to you who remain nameless and faceless.  Believe me, I see your kind faces every time I can pay even $3 on an outstanding bill, because that $3 can go now go elsewhere (like in the gas tank).  I am also grateful for those who have come to me with a request to pay an entire bill, which makes me all wobbly inside and brings me to tears, because those are the statements that keep me awake at night.  You (and you know who you are) have been my miracle workers and given me one less thing to worry about, which also causes me not to be able to heal as quickly.  I'll never have enough words to say, "thank you", and please know you are appreciated.  I continually ask God to give YOU the blessings you need as you have shown such kindness and generosity in helping me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment