Tuesday, January 8, 2013

The Good/Bad Swing

In the last week or so, I've had some pretty significant good/bad swings.  I'll have a good day, which generally means that I don't have terrible stomach pains or diarrhea (sorry we have to discuss such a subject, but it is what it is!) and I can eat pretty much what sounds/looks/or smells good.  Lately, it's been SOUP!!  I am constantly dreaming about warm, creamy, savory soup.  (Cutler's Chicken & Wild Rice is my very favorite!)  It could be that it's freezing--literally--outside and I just can't seem to stay warm.  Soup satisfies my taste buds, my inner body temps, and my little tummy.  But, just as I start to enjoy that good feeling, I'll wake up feeling like anything I eat--even my beloved soup--will just cause more distress...so I don't eat anything.  I just sleep.  I'm warm, I'm unaware of being hungry, and I don't roam too far from home.  Last week, I had a "bad" day on Thursday.  Didn't do a darned thing I had on my To Do list.  Napped morning and afternoon.  Went to bed early.  Ate Saltine crackers and drank water.  Blah.  But, Friday, I had already planned on birthday shopping with my cute Janessa, so I pysched myself into having a "good" day--and it worked.  I crossed things off the list, I cleaned the house a bit, and the two of us went to the mall after school and shopped.  I got to have an Orange Julius and some dinner.  Saturday, I took Janessa and four of her friends bowling at Fat Cats.  We ate pizza.  I surprised her with a fantastical "Sweet 16" cake and had a bite.  Dean and I took her to Spaghetti Factory and I had spinach alfredo.  It was a GOOD day.  Sunday, not so much.  Out came the crackers again.  Made J's birthday dinner--meat loaf and garlic mashed potatoes--and had to "watch" her eat.  Bad day.  Up and down.  This is the normal life with IPI, I guess.

Tomorrow is another infusion, the third.  I get to visit with Dr. G.  I wonder what he'll say about my groin tumor (is it shrinking or is that just my imagination and wild hope?).  I wonder what he'll say about these good/bad swings.  I can't wait to get some upbeat advice on how to handle it all because I know he'll have it to give me.  And maybe I'll get to have soup for lunch??  We'll see.

I was thinking of taking a picture from the Infusion Center tomorrow to show you what I see when I'm there.  If it's a good day, it will be on the blog.  If not, well, we'll try again next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment