Saturday, January 12, 2013

Three Down

Third infusion is done. The worst part, again, was the lab work. After four pokes, still no luck finding a good vein for the IV. Poor Tammy, who has helped do my blood work numerous times, finally gave up and asked another nurse to just take blood for the doctor visit--the IV would have to be done at the Infusion Center. Had a good visit with Dr. Grossman's nurses, Carolyn & Jan. We went over all the annoying side effects of treatment and any significant changes (none to worry about) and even had some good laughs. Carolyn felt the groin tumor and said, "It seems to be less protruding!" Yes! That's what I wanted to hear! Blood tests came back good--good kidney and liver function and cancer-fighting cell count--but I am low in protein. Have to eat better, and on the days I don't feel like eating anything but crackers, I need to drink a good protein drink. I'll try it. Should help energy levels, too.

Lindsey & I had lunch on the top floor--I had soup, is anyone surprised? Then, back to the 2nd floor to the Infusion Center, where I had three more pokes before they called in the Big Guns--the PICC line crew & their invaluable ultrasound vein finder! Can we just start with them next time? They even gave me a shot of Lidocaine first in the IV spot, so I didn't feel a thing on that 8th poke! Finally, success! Geesh!

Got home about 5. Makes for a very long, tiring day, even though there isn't a lot of physical energy involved. I guess it's because the emotional stuff is so overpowering. I just want to chant, Kill! Kill! Kill! the whole time and get those immune cells jazzed....





1 comment:

  1. Ah I'm sorry you have to get poked a dozen times. :( I loved seeing your cute face and view from the window! Take more!!! I'm glad it was a good day. Well aside from the icky pokey parts. Sorry to hear about your bad days and I wish I was there to help!! I love you so much! You're a fighter and miracles are happening!

    ReplyDelete