Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy 2014

First day of the new year! I didn't roll out of bed until almost 10 AM, even though we were fast asleep by 1 AM this morning. Just ask Janessa - it was another boring New Year's Eve with a movie, Papa Murphy's pizza, watching the ball drop in NY Times Square, and a goblet of "bubbly" (sparkling cider) at midnight. She would have much preferred hanging out with someone - ANY one other than Mom & Dad - but such is life. Maybe next year?
I am grateful to see 2014. There was a time (March 2011) when I didn't think there was anything beyond a few months at most. But today, sitting here in my jammies, with a tummy full of omelet, watching the Rose Parade, I believe anything is possible: the promises of 2014 - with a new baby grandson in February and all the rest - to the promises of 2015 - with Janessa's graduation from high school - to everything that follows. I feel okay. My nagging questions come from not knowing, whether it's the endless waiting for test results or wondering how we can afford our medical bills & still plan some fun family times - that's what weighs me down. 
I'm still (3 weeks later) waiting for the results from the bone marrow biopsy. I've called Dr. Shami's office twice & still no word. I called Dr. G's office yesterday because I had questions about what I feel is a bloated stomach (weird symptoms) & they're going to help me talk to someone more knowledgable about the pancreatic enzymes I take after every meal, which don't seem to be working as well as they used to. More waiting... The lack of information does seem to lean toward a "non-serious" prognosis, but I can't quite believe that yet. I make excuses for the holiday bustle keeping normal business from moving forward, but not sure that's correct. Everyone wants to know if I've heard anything yet - believe me, you'll know when I know. I'm also still waiting (7 weeks later!) for my new contacts, but don't get me started on that fiasco. It just makes my blood boil!
I loved my family time this holiday season. Spent "Grammy-time" with all 7 grands & it was heaven. Wish we could have done more together (sometimes my energy and the cold temps & bad air quality outside keep me inside my "cave" like an old sleepy bear), but I treasured the precious moments we did have. I have a fantastic family. I love them dearly.
I pray for a wonderful year ahead. I pray for more hope, more miracles, more good news, more strength, more laughter, more love, more patience, more hugs, more spiritual experiences, more happy memories, more comfort, more courage, more answers, more dreams coming true, and more joy in every day life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment