Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Wednesday, October 5, 2011: My momma got to go home to her own house Monday afternoon! I called her yesterday to see how her day went and she said it was "scary". After a month of being in the hospital and having people around to bring her meds and meals and help her with every little thing, she was scared to do things on her own. She tried to take a shower, but didn't have the strength to turn on the water. Poor Mumsy! I know today was better, because a home health nurse was coming to help this morning. I'm sure as they come and encourage her to move and get stronger, she will feel less frightened. It is scary. I know.

I got my hair cut yesterday. I think it's the first real cut since March! That's terrible! I think having a stylist who now knows my story (and who won't get freaked out by the scars and the missing hair in back) will be a blessing. My bangs are short today. I wish they were a little longer. But, give them a week (or less) and they'll be okay again.

My car went to the repair shop on Monday, and yesterday they called to tell me the "damage report". Everything checked out, except for the obvious damage to the bumper and the tail light. But, I was also informed that the battery was nearly dead. I asked if he thought that was why I've had issues lately with the ignition and the car not starting right away, and he said it could be the cause. Then, he told me that they had had to "jump" the battery a few times already. In my dizzy, "September-mode" thinking, I could imagine my poor car, virtually "dead", and the "paramedic" repair guys having to shock it back to life with the paddles! CLEAR!! Zap! Oh, sorry, that's not so funny, but I did have to chuckle at the visual. My poor little Taurus. Today, the insurance guy called to tell me that the bumper repair would take until at least MONDAY! Good grief! We're already going on 8 days since this little accident occurred. So, looks like we'll have the rental truck for a few more days, which is fine, as long as we don't have to travel far distances.

Dr. Beckstead's office also called this morning (lately I'm either at the doctor's office or on the phone) to tell me that I can reduce my Coumadin dosage on Mon/Wed/Fri to 2.5mg (which is half a pill). The other days of the week, I'll take the whole pill. That tells me that my 3.6 blood test showed him that my blood was getting too thin and we're cutting back. Yay! Hopefully the next report will show him that I can be taken off completely.

It's rainy today...and cold. I hate to think that summer is really gone. I'm trying to ignore my cold feet, but it's not working so well. Time to pull out my woolly socks, I guess.

1 comment:

  1. We turned the heater on at our house. Best wishes to your mom.

    ReplyDelete