Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Remembering...

Wednesday, December 7, 2011: This morning (in the 20-degree cold), I visited the cemetery and put new Christmas flowers on Dad's grave. I was sad to see remnants of the big old fir trees that had toppled in the wild wind storm the other day. I finished putting the flowers in the vases and then sat for a few minutes in my car, talking to Dad. I told him all was well. I miss him. I can see him shaking his head at the year we've had. I'm grateful I can feel him with me.

I also came home and put the flag up to honor and remember Pearl Harbor. Grandpa Calvin served in WWII, so I thought of him today, too. What great men our dads were and are! I'm proud to be their daughter.

It's been a good day. I had my blood work done this morning, too (busy morning), and it was 2.2 - right in the range of "normal". GOOD! Been worried about that all week, but I'm not going to worry about it any more.

I'm praying that Janessa is having a good day, too. She was going on a field trip with her Science class and was anxious about who she would be able to "hang with" during the trip. I pray that she put on her brave face and that the kids she wanted to be with were kind & willing to let her come along. Who wouldn't want her to part of their group? Ah, teenage-hood. It's a beast sometimes. I'm proud of her -she's stretching & growing in many ways.

Only 18 days until Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment