Friday, December 2, 2011

Vanished

Friday, December 2, 2011: Yesterday was a wild day - in many ways. But, let me begin by saying that hope is still alive and well and miracles continue to bless my life. So thankful.

We experienced a terrible wind storm today with gusts reaching 100 mph in some spots of the county. Luckily, in our little flatland west of the foothills, the winds only knocked down garbage cans and basketball standards and flipped trampolines around the neighborhoods. But eastward, where Aaron & Lindsey live, the winds tore away their carport, uprooted trees, tore shingles off roofs, and made a general mess of things. They were also without electricity for 12 hours, making life quite uncomfortable in the 30-degree temps outside. Driving through town, evidence of the storm was everywhere - traffic lights out, huge fir trees uprooted, branches littering the road, businesses without power, garbage blowing around, and people scrambling just to stay upright. I took Janessa to school in the morning, but the power was out at the school and many kids just stayed home because their HOME power was also out. By 11:00 AM, she was calling for me to come pick her up, and actually, I think the office workers were relieved that kids were being checked out of school.

Yesterday was also the scheduled appointment to have my "procedure" to remove the cyst that I was worried about several weeks ago. Lindsey planned to take me, even though Ally was home from school and they had no power. We were late to the appointment because of the wind and traffic lights out and were amazed to drive in to Salt Lake where there was just the slightest ripple of a breeze. No one really believed that we had just driven through our own "war zone" of debris and damage. Dr. Fisher rushed me right in to the procedure room - I'm sure he was anxious to get back on schedule. But when it came time to look for the cyst, neither he nor I could find it under my skin. I told him that there have been days in the past few weeks when I could not feel it and other days when I could. Today was one of the "no feel" days. He couldn't feel it either and certainly didn't want to cut into tissue without knowing if he was in the right spot or not. "It must have disintegrated on its own," he said. I'm sure I looked a little disbelieving - nothing is that simple in my life lately - so he reassured me that if I ever do feel it again and am worried about it, I can call him and have him take another look. And of course, when I have my 3-month scans in a few weeks, if there is really anything there to worry about, it will show up. It's just another miracle. If I had gone with the original appointment on November 10, it probably would have still been infected and easier to feel and find. But waiting a few weeks (and blaming the Coumadin!) has proved to be a blessing. No procedure. No cutting into my body again. No complications. Nothing but relief, and as my friend, Ann, said, "Not even a Band-aid." I'm so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment