Monday, December 5, 2011

Smells like Christmas

Monday, December 5, 2011: Over the weekend, I had a dear friend tell me that she reads my blog religiously, and that when I don't post for several days, she worries. Her advice: "Just write, 'I'm okay', once a day!" I'll try to do better, Colleen. And I am okay!

Loved having the annual "Writer's Friends" brunch Saturday morning. Has it really been a tradition for 20 years now? First Saturday in December! I love these women. They are inspiring, faithful, loyal, smart, and funny. It is a blessing to spend time with you. Thank you for loving me.

We watched the First Presidency "Christmas Devotional" last night. I realized (again) that one of my favorite Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas carols is "The First Noel". The orchestration and harmonies of this beautiful hymn are absolutely breathtaking. It makes me weepy every time. I'm always grateful for the reminder to put Christ in the center of our celebrations and to serve and love one another...and that doesn't mean just buying a gift for someone. It's truly giving with a happy heart and forgetting that you gave.

Today, Janessa and I are in full swing of our baking spree for the Sub 4 Santa service project. Last night, we made Rice Krispie treats, pumpkin/chocolate chip loaves, and poppyseed muffins. This morning, I've been baking peanut butter/chocolate bars and more pumpkin loaves, along with some banana bread. When she gets home from school, we'll start on the chocolate chip cookies, the blueberry & crumb cake muffins, and the oatmeal cookies. The house smells delicious. The kitchen is warm. Life is good.

Now that the oven is off for a few hours, I should get some other things done...like work. And Colleen, I'm still okay!

No comments:

Post a Comment