Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy 2012

Monday, January 2, 2012: Wow. Goodbye to 2011, a very tough, growing year. Hello to all that 2012 holds. I hope and pray it will be a happy new year.

We have un-decked the halls and Christmas feels like a dream. It is quiet in our little house with small punctuations of snoring, TV, soft tapping of computer keys, and ever-present music. It's all good and I like it, though I miss the sound of tiny voices saying, "Look, Grammy!"

Today is a day of theater movies, buttered popcorn, and no school or work. I would love to be able to say that it is a day of no worries, but worries are also ever-present. Worries for my children, for my (still) coughing husband, for my heartbroken teen, for my "procedure" tomorrow morning, for test results that could go either way, for all the countless worries in my little life. But, I have to say that I always have hope, and that is my lifeline. Hope for a better day. Hope for a healthier life. Hope for love and all its magic.

Yesterday, I saw and heard something on TV that has warmed my heart. A woman and her little daughter were driving along a country road when they saw a huge field full of dandelion weeds. The woman immediately thought, "Oh, that poor farmer! He'll be busy killing all those miserable weeds." At that moment, her daughter turned to her in joy and said, "Look, Mommy! Look at all those wishes!"

May we see the "wishes" and not the "weeds." Happy New Year...

No comments:

Post a Comment