Monday, January 9, 2012

One A-OK

Monday, January 9, 2012: This morning, I had an appointment to see my favorite Doctor Hero, Dr. Bradley: Surgeon Extraordinaire, Lifesaver Pro, and Prince Charming all rolled into one. Yep, I kind of like him...

He has a new baby daughter and he is in love with her. She's a little younger than my newest grand-niece, Briia, so I can imagine the fun they are having with that little one. He was a walking grin!

He asked how things were going and I told him what I could. It was somewhat disappointing to NOT be able to give him a copy of the latest scans (some IT problems at the U of U file room prevented that today), but I was able to show him my (cool) Endoscopy pictures and tell him the latest. He was pleased and agreed that these little things that pop up in scans are usually "flames of the moment" - quick to ignite caution and worry, but just as quick to burn off and die a quiet death! Let's continue to hope and pray. He did all the usual tests - checked my mouth, throat, nose - and then did his "neck probing", which reminds me of playing an invisible piano - he gets all ten fingers wiggling along the sides and base of my neck, feeling for any abnormal lymph nodes or glands. And I'm always happy to hear him say, "From my perspective, everything looks and feels GREAT!"

I'm also happy when he says, "Let's see you again in six weeks." I'm not ready to give up my visits with Dr. B. He makes me feel like I'm doing something right, which I can't always say after a visit to Dr. Grossmann (i.e. when scan results are haywire, for whatever reason). Every follow-up visit with Dr. Bradley is a shot in the arm, a milestone, an "all clear" for at least a few minutes in my crazy life. So, even though there is another endoscopy on the horizon (still not sure WHEN) and another visit with Dr. Grossmann and team at Huntsman in a few days, TODAY I am "all clear" and A-OK. It's great how that one reassurance is so therapeutic and calming.

No comments:

Post a Comment