Thursday, February 23, 2012

Kisses on the pocket

Thursday, February 23, 2012: Since it's been over a week since my last post, I thought I'd better let everyone know that I'm okay. We went south over the President's Day weekend and spent time with our family. Another whirlwind trip, but so worth it. I'm always inspired by my brave momma and my creative resourceful daughter. They both make my life full & happy. And kisses and hugs from my little grands is the best elixir ever! Thanks for the kisses on the pocket, Olive, you silly girl...


So, today, I decided to make a trip to the U of U Hospital to get a copy of my last PET scan to show to Dr. Bradley when I go for a follow-up appointment on Monday. I dropped off J at school and then joined the morning commute up the hill to the university. So glad I don't have to drive that route every day! It was windy and cold in the valley, but up by the mountains, it was spitting snow. It felt very strange to be in sunshine one minute and up in the clouds the next. It also felt good to be "passing through" the check-in and lobby area where other folks were waiting for appointments. I scurried along to the Radiology file room and was handed a bundle of about six CDs, all from my one scan. Poor Dr. B. For one thing, he's probably not that interested in my latest dilemma, and for another thing, it would take him much longer than my allotted five minute appointment to go through the discs. If he does care to see them, I'm hoping he can scan through a list of files and go right to the abdomen. We'll see. At least, I did my part in going after them today.



I also made a surprise visit to my niece this afternoon to see her and her precious 2-month old baby...and who should be staying with them for a few days but my Arizona sister! Bonus! Baby B is an angel who smiles all the time, even when she's hungry and wants a bottle, and mommy & daddy & grandma are crazy about her--as we all are! I'm so happy I got to see them all and get & give hugs. Families are fabulous!


(Pictures: Top is Grammy & Knox October 2011 - notice the funny lip, due to nerve damage during September surgery. Bottom is Great-Aunt Lisa with baby Briia February 2012 - lip is almost better, huh?)

1 comment:

  1. Awe, cute babies!!! Yes, your lip looks great...I don't even notice! LOVE and Miss you mom...

    ReplyDelete