Wednesday, March 23, 2011

And the World Goes 'Round...

March 23, 2011: One thing about life...it never stays the same. In the past 24 hours, I've had news of life and death, both hard and exciting, sad and eventful. My sweet uncle gently passed away last night after years of illness. We are sad for us, joyful for him. He has gone home, where he longed to be. We laugh, remembering his great life - and we cry, remembering his great suffering. Now, life for his family involves waiting and planning and decisions, not easily made when you're grieving. I also heard today of the heart-breaking death of a 16-week fetus who was part of a dream and a hope and a longing unrealized. I mourn with family and friends and know just an inkling of how that loss feels. On the other hand, I received news from my beautiful daughter that she is days...maybe even hours...away from bringing new life into this world. Together, we shared our excitement, our anxiety, our prayers for his safe arrival and her safe delivery. I try to be brave and strong for her, but I am not brave and strong right now. I am weak and easily blown over like a feather. I will hitch up my boots, though, and plead for more blessings. For my Chels, for my precious new grandson, for all our wonderful wounded family, for myself. I ask God to take away my worry. I ask Him to calm the storms. I ask Him to pave the way and make the arrangements. I ask Him to hold us all in His arms and lead us, guide us, walk beside us. Because it's not just about me today...it's about Raymond and Marilyn and Amy and Chelsea and a baby straight from heaven. As it should be. Family. The most important word ever formed, the most important unit ever created - and always at the helm, Our Father and Our Beloved Elder Brother.

3 comments:

  1. Lisa! You know that we will do all we can do to ease Chelsea's mind until her mommy can get here to her aide!!! Its an exciting time..and Bob and I are so grateful and blessed to be here to do what we can when its needed!! We pray for your speedy recovery..for your tender heart, and for all to be well with you and yours!! Love you dear friend! Fingers and toes are crossed...best thoughts are reserved for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love our family so much! You are the foundation of our family and when you need a break from that, it's okay. We will be here to carry you like you always have carried us. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear, dear Lisa--I'm in NC visiting with John's parents, but I had to take the time to check on you. What an ordeal!! I want to come visit you in April. I think about you often. I haven't called so you won't have to worry about another person to talk to. But I'd love to see you. I'll be calling when we return from NC. Take care. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete