Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Day Before Surgery

March 16, 2011: I feel surprisingly peaceful today, in spite of the fact that the hospital called and gave me my marching orders: be there at 11:45 in the morning, no food or drink after midnight tonight, no jewelry, bring an overnight bag, bring your (Sarah Palin) glasses if you wear contacts, etc. It could be that I started my day in the temple. "I was in Your house, Lord, and I felt You there." Was touched to tears by so many tender mercies. It could also be that I did a very normal girl thing and made an appointment to have my hair trimmed and my eyebrows waxed...ah, it feels so much better, Wendy. Thanks. It could also be that my little J painted my toenails a lovely shade of green for St. Patrick's Day. I could use a little of that Irish luck. But, I'm also absolutely sure it's because I received an eloquent, heartfelt blessing from my precious son, who among other things blessed me that the "armies of heaven" would be with me to help me fight my battles tomorrow and in the days ahead. How can I lose? I trust in the Creator, He who knows when a sparrow falls. His everlasting kindness will never fail. He is my Father...I am His child. He will help me stand up to this giant disease and win. My heart tells me all will be well.

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad to be a part of something much bigger. The sweet peace the gospel brings. You'll do great. I love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know me, (Keven Henrie is my dad) but you have touched me immensly with your words...I am sorry for your diagnosis. I once was told that a benefit of praying out loud (or getting a blessing) is that the legions of angels that surround us, are able to hear and help. I believe it. Know that people you may not know/remember are in the world praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We know you'll do great!!So many people are indeed praying for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting anxiously for you to be healthy enough to do another post. All my love to you, all my tender thoughts, and lots of prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wonderful power of Prayer and Priesthood blessings is amazing! Thank you Aaron for giving Mom a blessing!
    I'm thinking of you today and wish I could be there to give you big hugs and kisses! Prayers for a speedy recovery so you can come be with us!!! :) I love you Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Priesthood Blessing is the best! You are in my thoughts and prayers daily. I am now making you an official member of the Kancer Killer Klub, kick it! My love to you and your family. Can't wait to hear how everything went. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete