Monday, November 28, 2011

List of Thanks

Monday, November 28, 2011: I've missed far too many days of giving thanks here, but know that I have been thankful in some degree every one of those days and have told my Heavenly Father "thank you" many times. After a wonderful Thanksgiving feast and feeling the joy of being with family, I echo the line, "There's no place like home..." I am very grateful for all the help that surrounded me Thanksgiving Day, from setting up tables and chairs and making the tables look pretty, to cooking, baking (my darling DIL makes the most delish pies & rolls EVER!), slicing, pouring & serving. Every detail was perfect. And though Janessa complained just a teensy bit about the rest of our "boring" weekend, it was good to relax and not have any big commitments. (She would have preferred some fun activities, but I happen to know that she finished one of her books in the stack of "unread" and started another...)

I am thankful for music - once again LOVING my privilege to sing "Messiah" with the Utah Symphony and Chorus this past weekend. "Hallelujah!"

I am thankful for the peace the Spirit can bring when things look bleak. Bad news can crush us if we don't rely on the Spirit to bring comfort and the hope & miracles of blessings.

I am thankful for meds - because today I am suffering (sigh) with a UTI. I made up my mind this morning to go to the dr's office first thing and happily, they had an opening. Got some high-powered meds that I hope will bring speedy relief. Whew. So glad I didn't wait any longer. Our bodies are really wonderful, but when something isn't right, they sure let you know it in a big way.

I am thankful for the anticipation of putting up our Christmas tree tonight. It gives me a little boost on this day when I just wish I could curl up in my bed (which I still may do for a few hours...). Bring on the Christmas music and the pine-scented Scentsy!

I am thankful for my family. They are all that really matter to me. I love them, I pray for them, and I want them to be happy, especially during this holiday season. May God hear us and bless us, every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment