Monday, November 21, 2011

Monday Musings, Part II

Monday, November 21, 2011: Yesterday was my Chelsea's 7th anniversary with her hubby, Rob. They took a little break and spent the weekend in Vegas, but unlike the typical Vegas holiday, they began their journey with a visit to the temple. And much like my sweet experience Friday, she had a unique "tender mercy" experience, too. She & Rob wanted to spend an hour in the temple (having never been to the Las Vegas temple before), so they made sure the workers knew their time limits. She said the experience was very precious, with the uniting of families beyond the grave for time and all eternity. Just as their hour was coming to an end, the temple worker looked at the doorway and said, "Hello, President, come on in." Chels and Rob turned around to see Owen Roundy, a very close family friend of my mom and dad's, who was our Bishop when we lived on Bristol Way in Vegas. He was coming in to take over the ordinance work being done. Since it was a good time to leave, Chels went up to him and introduced herself, telling him that she couldn't believe that she would see him on this day at this time - another "non"-coincidence! When she told him she was Lois's granddaughter and Lisa's daughter, he was amazed that their paths had crossed, as well. He asked about my mom's health and my health, and as Chels and Rob were leaving the room, she heard him tell the other folks that she was the granddaughter of "one of my dearest friends, Roy Passey." What a tender moment! Chelsea said that from the minute he walked in the room, she knew "Pop" was there, too. Of course he was! I'm so grateful for these seemingly small experiences that prove the Lord's love for us.

Today, I'm thankful for good health. I had a follow-up appointment with Dr. Bradley early this morning to have my ear checked and he asked me lots of questions about everything in general. Hard to believe that it's been eight months since I first met Dr. Bradley and was diagnosed with melanoma in that very office. Eight months ago, I would have hoped to be at this point, but I was very fearful and pessimistic. Today, I have an abundance of hope because I know my team of doctors will fight valiantly for me. I told him that my "procedure" with Dr. Fisher is coming up on December 1, as well as my scans at Huntsman on Dec. 19 and the visit with Dr. Grossmann on December 20. He asked if I had any other worries--any lumps or bumps--and I was happy to say, ''No." I feel good and I feel that all will be well. When I went to the front desk to make another follow-up appointment in 6 weeks, I was told that he will be "out of the office" from December 19 to the end of the year because his wife is having a baby. I'm so happy for them! My appointment was made for January 9, 2012. Wow. The new year is already here in so many ways. With hope and faith and miracles, I know all will be well then, too. I am so blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment