Saturday, June 4, 2011

The Peace of the Temple

June 4, 2011: Today, I am eternally thankful to live 15 minutes from a temple of the Lord. All week I've been planning a lesson that I will give to my sisters about the temple, and over and over again, the sweet Spirit whispered to me, "Go. Participate in whatever way you can. Just go and be blessed." How could I refuse? I thought about going Thursday, but that was the day my mom left for Washington and I HAD to face the mountain of bills while I could concentrate on them. I tried to go yesterday, but that was the last day of school for my girl and I knew I needed to work as much as possible before she got home. Flimsy excuses...yes. So, this morning, I resolved to get up and put on a dress and GO. And all I can say is, wow. What a beautiful day. What a beautiful Spirit. What a choice experience I had.

I participated in one of the initial ordinances, which really takes very little time and effort on my part. But the blessings!! For my brief sacrifice of barely an hour, I have been strengthened and blessed to know that I WILL BE HEALED. From the top of my head to the bottoms of my feet, I will be healed. All my vital organs will be healthy and well and my brain will be powerful and strong. This is a direct answer to prayers, as I prepare this week to finish radiation and go in for another scan. I KNOW it will be clear. I have no doubts after this morning's experience. I can't deny the sweet Spirit that has confirmed this over and over again. I know it is true.

I thank God for the temple, His Holy House. I felt Him there this morning. The sun is shining, the sky is blue, and there is peace in my soul.

1 comment:

  1. I'm teaching the temple prep course in our single's ward and I feel the same way about the temple and its blessings. So glad you went, and so happy for your wonderful blessings.

    ReplyDelete