Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Quiet Days

June 14, 2011: One week post-radiation! It feels awesome. I'm starting to notice a little healing in my "sunburn". Not quite as much peeling and MUCH less pain. I still know it's there, but it's not bad enough to cry about. Wish I could tell a difference with the taste buds. Tried to eat salsa last night and it's just not happening. I could only taste the chip. How disappointing. I've been swishing with the Magic Mouthwash this past week, too. I had peanuts and a few walnuts (tried to eat Honey Walnut Shrimp from Panda Express one day for lunch) and they made my tender tongue hurt again. Sheesh. Wish I could wave a magic wand over it. It's still grayish instead of rosy pink, so I guess I shouldn't expect too much. One of these days though...

It's quiet around my house this week. Janessa went home to St. George with Mom last Saturday, so I'm alone during the day. Dean has been working some overtime and leaves for work at 5 AM. I still wake up about 7:00 with the sun coming in the windows, but have been able to roll over for another hour most mornings. Even though my girl doesn't make a lot of noise when she's home, I still miss her presence. I miss her coming out of her bedroom in the morning, all sleepy-eyed and mussy, and saying good morning. I miss her rummaging through the pantry for another box of cereal or a can of ravioli, sometimes within an hour of each other. I miss her quietly reading or surfing her iPod or catching up on her favorite TV shows she's recorded. I miss her fresh-out-of-the-shower at night and kissing me before she heads off to bed. Yep, I love that girl.

Today, I had to make a 3-day To Do list. Never considered how involved the prep is for a colonoscopy. I don't want to scare anyone off because I think it's extremely important to be tested, but good grief! It's a good thing they give you (almost) minute-by-minute instructions of what to do and when. So, starting tomorrow, I'll be keeping my list close at hand. And don't even talk to me about Thursday, because I will definitely NOT be leaving the house after 3 PM. I just hope I'm not too loopy Friday afternoon to enjoy a visit from my grands. When this is over, I'll be "doctor/hospital free" for 4 1/2 weeks. It will be heaven...

2 comments:

  1. Did you try a slurpee yet? Maybe a banana one won't have too much acid in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember those specific instructions! Eeww! I told myself I'd starve for three days the next time just to avoid drinking that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete