Saturday, September 24, 2011

Brighter

Saturday, September 24, 2011:

"I dim. I dim.
I do not doubt
If someone blew,
I would go out.

I did not.

I must be brighter
Than I thought."
--Carol Lynn Pearson

This morning, I pulled up my bootstraps, said a prayer for calm hands and nerves, sat in my rocking chair, and gave myself an injection like I'd been doing it for years. Dean was right - it wasn't that bad. I opened the package with the pre-measured dose already in the syringe, uncapped the tiny needle, put it up against my flabby tummy, and thought, hmm, wonder how much pressure I'll have to use to get it to go in. Answer: not much at all. Before I knew it, it was in and I was pushing the medicine out of the syringe. All painless. A tiny bit of sting after I pulled the needle out. All done in 15 seconds.

Thank you, Lord. I am strong enough to handle this, too, I guess. Who knew? Only YOU.

1 comment:

  1. You're my hero, Mom! You are strong and brave and beautiful inside and out! You're so right, only HE knows how much you can handle. With your family by your side and angels gathered around you, he knows you are going to be okay and much stronger than before. You are worth more than words can say in HIS eyes. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete