Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Will September Never End?? (Tuesday, Part II)

Tuesday, September 27, 2011: I took Janessa to school this morning, came home, and was sitting at the table going over the mail, when I heard a loud CRASH that sounded like it came from the garage. WHAT was THAT?? I opened the door from the house to the garage - and saw that my garage door was crumpled from the outside in, with my car inside, of course! Then, I heard a tiny knock at the front door. Oh, dear. I opened the door to find my across-the-street neighbor in a panic. She had pulled out of her driveway to go to work and had lost her brakes, crashing into my garage door!

REALLY??? We have to laugh about it or we would be in hysterics. Am now waiting for her insurance company to call so we can begin the replacement process.

One of my good neighbors was walking by and saw the damage and told me that he is off work today and wouldn't be needing his car, so I was welcome to use it anytime. Thankfully (and not coincidentally!), today is one day this week where I don't have a doctor's appointment (besides Dean's at 4:00 PM), so I didn't have anything planned to do before picking up Ness from school. Sweet Lindsey had already offered to pick her up for me, but then Good Neighbor appeared on my doorstep with his car keys in his hand and his car in my driveway, "just in case you need it." I feel very blessed.

Okay, are we just exaggerating...or has September been the CRAZIEST MONTH in history for our little family? Bring on October, quick, before something else goes wrong!! (oooh, bite my tongue for even mentioning it...)

No comments:

Post a Comment