Monday, April 9, 2012

Good News Day...again

Monday, April 9, 2012: Big shout-out to my wonderful son, who celebrates another birthday today. Dean and I were talking last night before falling asleep that it seems like yesterday Aaron arrived and changed our lives. He was such a good, calm baby and a happy, smart little boy...and now he's a loving, hard-working, creative, GOOD man. I'm so proud of him. I love you, Aar. You made me a mommy first, and that's the best blessing I've ever had.

The big GOOD NEWS is Aaron's birthday. But, I also just heard from Joanna at Dr. Scaife's office and she has set a surgery date for me. It's Tuesday, May 1. I wish-wish-wish it was sooner, but I'm just happy to have it written down and set at last. I'm nervous about these little cancer-beasties growing and causing havoc, so every day I pray mightily that my body will continue to kill and fight and protect. She said she will talk to Dr. Scaife and see what pre-op things I need to have done (more blood work, possible EKG and/or chest x-rays, etc.) and then, she'll call me sometime this week to set that up. You know how I love a plan!

Easter weekend was warm, sunny, and hope-filled. We spent time Saturday with our darling "B" grand-girls, coloring eggs and having an egg hunt, and I loved every second of it. Sunday was a spiritual feast, testifying of our Savior's atonement and resurrection - He is the Hope and the Light of the World! Had a dinner/feast and ate too much, but truly enjoyed being with and talking to my family and having my cup overflow with love. I am a lucky girl.

(Picture: Aaron with his "Cookie Monster" cake - age 3)

1 comment:

  1. Look at that cute boy!! Goodness I love him! Thanks for raising such a wonderful guy. I'm a lucky, lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete