Saturday, March 17, 2012

The Moments that change Everything

Saturday, March 17, 2012: Today marks one year since my first surgery for melanoma. One year ago today, dear Dr. Bradley went into my right neck and performed miraculous surgery for nine and a half hours. Looking back one year, it is amazing to me how one moment changed my life forever, and how many more moments there have been in the last 365 days that have pushed and pulled my life in a different direction.


Janessa reminded me that we painted our toenails green for St. Patrick's Day last year. Boy, I could sure use a good pedicure today, whether it's green or purple or red or blue! That may have to be on the to-do list.

I had a good, no, a GREAT day today. I was surrounded by the sweetness of my yummy scent business and I got to visit with family, friends, and neighbors who share my enthusiasm for good "scents". I ate green-frosted cookies and green grapes for lunch and had a sweet potato with brown sugar for dinner. And then I spent two hours-plus at the temple. The comfort I received there tonight was like a salve on my little confused heart and mind.

I will be okay. I will be blessed. I will know what to do. I can do all things through God, even the impossible, for He knows me and loves me and is with me. Yes, a GREAT day full of GREAT moments.

{Picture: me and Britnee and baby due May 15 - Happy St. Patrick's Day)

No comments:

Post a Comment