Monday, March 19, 2012

Team Lisa

Monday, March 19, 2012: I had a great weekend. Saturday was a successful Scentsy Open House, even though the gale-force winds blew away one of my cute little signs - tore it right off its wire brace. I thought I had lost my new colorful one, but we found it in the field about a quarter mile away. Geesh!

Later, I went to the temple. It's always a good day when I can do that. Shed a few tears, had a few moments of heart-to-heart with my Heavenly Father, and hugged a few dear friends. The Spirit wrapped me in His loving arms and blessed me with some much-needed peace.

Sunday was another powerful day. The messages in our meetings were full of hope and encouragement to get us through this life journey. I was amazed at how they spoke to me on a personal level. But, why should I be amazed? God knows what I need to hear. He makes sure I get what I need, when I need it. We had a restful day, a good taco soup for dinner, and right around 7:00 PM, Aaron & Linds arrived to meet with Dean and Janessa and I for Family Council. With the magic of technology, we were able to sit at our dining table and talk - via Face Time - with Chelsea and Rob, too, 300-plus miles away. It was awesome. Aaron had asked me a few days ago if we could gather as a family to discuss all my treatment options and ask questions and get information and voice our opinions, and I readily agreed. It was truly a gift. And to be able to have Rob and Chels right there with us was an added bonus - their insights and questions were extremely valuable. Linds is the pro researcher - she's been gathering info online and sending out links, and we talked about her findings, as well as what I got from Dr. Grossmann. Everyone was given the opportunity to voice their fears and their hopes and their confusion and their understanding, and I think we made amazing progress. Where I once felt totally overwhelmed, now I'm feeling empowered with knowledge. I think I understand what the options are, what will happen if I choose a certain path over another, and how it will affect my entire family. I felt calmer when we were finished, especially after a heartfelt blessing from Aaron and Dean. I can't express how the support of my family lifts and carries me. I couldn't do these hard things without them. I am extremely blessed and so grateful. I've been blessed with peace that "all will be well", and I know it's true. We are an eternal family and I've never been as thankful for that as I am at this moment. Thank you, each and every one. I love you with all my heart.

(Picture: Dionne sent me an email this week and included this picture of her helping a baby calf. Love the sweatshirt! "No one has to do this alone...")

No comments:

Post a Comment