Thursday, May 19, 2011

Happy Bits

May 19, 2011: I'm pondering happiness today. I feel blessed by the small, simple things in my life. The (subdued for now) taste of homemade granola in a spoonful of yogurt...pillowcases and sheets fresh and warm from the dryer...a child's voice saying, "Grammy!"...a bright red tulip dripping with rain...a burst of energy to finish cleaning the bathroom...a drink of water that tastes neither salty nor metallic...a hug from a friend...knowing someone is praying for me...a kind receptionist at the doctor's office...a "see you after work" kiss in the morning...the pictures on my fridge...the excitement of a promised movie with my girl...two minutes to read in the car before school lets out...a snuggly blanket on a cold morning...knowing my far-away kids will be here before nightfall...a picture of the temple above my computer...an empty kitchen sink...a playlist of my favorite songs...

It's all the happy bits of life that keep me going. It's a body full of warrior cells that refuse to retreat. It's a heart that tries to see the child in the man on the corner. It's a spirit that knows He who conquered all will never leave me to fight alone.

I love this quote (thanks, Cindy): "What if you woke up with only the things you thanked God for yesterday?"

Thank you, God, for all the happy bits of my life. They are priceless.

3 comments:

  1. I am thankful for you, dear Lisa. Your strength and faith will get us through this trial. You are loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so thankful for you dear Lisa and thankful for your determination and sweet spirit! Your Blog is my blessing and I treasure every word you write.
    love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing quote. I love it. "Happy Bits" are what keep us all going! thanks for reminding me of the small, simple things that make me happy. I love you mom! You're amazing. :)
    xxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete