Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Single Digits

May 25, 2011: As of yesterday, I am down to single digits until my last treatment! As of today, EIGHT!! June 7 cannot come fast enough, though I'm amazed at how time has sped by these last five weeks. I can't say it's been grueling (five minutes - really?) or painful or exhausting to go through the actual treatments. But, it has been very emotional as time has passed and the trips to Salt Lake continue and the effects have started to surface. Those beeps I hear in my ears really ARE radiation blasts! They are definitely NOT blanks!

Have had Good/Bad "minutes" the last few days:

Good minutes - driving Ness to and from school
Bad minutes - sitting in front of my computer screen to work and not being able to see well

Good minutes - eating a bowl of vanilla ice cream for dinner
Bad minutes - throwing up the half of banana and cup of water I had for breakfast

Good minutes - hearing Avery sing in the car on the way to treatment
Bad minutes - another bill in the mail

Good minutes - sunshine and a newly-mown lawn
Bad minutes - scattered tulip petals after a big rainstorm

Good minutes - a soft hug from Dean
Bad minutes - leg cramps in the night

Hoping for more good minutes today than bad. Gotta know that prayer will help make that happen. The sun and warmth coming through my window doesn't hurt either...

No comments:

Post a Comment