Friday, May 27, 2011

Winding Down

May 27, 2011: This morning, as Mom and I dropped Nessi off at school, she said, "This is my last Friday of classes!" Whoa, that's right. Next Friday will be the last day of school and will only involve yearbook signings. It's sort of sad, that winding down.

However, I do love the end of school programs, especially if they involve preschool darlings and 2nd grade cuties. Last night, we gathered at the library for Avery's preschool program. What a sweet group of 3 - almost 4 - year olds! That little blond girl that we love so much is an angel and her teacher, Miss Alby, confirmed it loud and clear, claiming she wanted to "adopt" our Avery. I love that little A can count to 100 (and beyond) without a single mistake and knows the sounds/sights of the alphabet perfectly. We all got a kick out of her months of the year "Macarena" dance, too! Way to go, Miss Avery! As if that wasn't the pinnacle of a Grammy's week, Ally's 2nd grade program was this morning at the school. Mom and I flew out of treatment to make it back in time to see our girl sing and play the bells. She knew every word, handled TWO different bell tones, and was the sweetest girl in the PowerPoint presentation. She's not only the smartest girl in the class (I'm not biased at all), she's the "friend to all", and I'm so proud of her. Way to go, Ally-cakes! I do love my grand-girls!

Trudging on with treatments. SIX more to go! I get a wonderful three-day weekend - and birthday present - by not having to go on Monday. Feeling more sapped lately, but it could be a combination of things. Not being able to eat is definitely an energy buster. But, on we go, for we know there is an end.

This weekend, I'm grateful for those who have gone ahead. I hope they know how much I love and appreciate their good lives. I am what I am because of the wonderful heritage they left me. God bless our families - they are the reason for everything in this life.

1 comment:

  1. And I'm grateful for your continually positive comments during this time of treatments. You help me feel better about life every time I read your blog.

    ReplyDelete