Monday, May 23, 2011

Nap Mode

May 23, 2011: Had a glorious weekend with my St. George kids. Never long enough, but got to see baby Knox smile and hear him coo. That's a big blessing.

The side effects are more daunting than I thought they'd be. I'm either grouchy because I'm hungry and tired, or I'm emotional because I look kind of frightening with my lopsided hairstyle and my red neck and cheek. I've got a constant metallic taste in my mouth and I shudder every time I take a drink of water. But each day, when I climb off the radiation table, I think (and sometimes say aloud), "One more day down. The end is in sight."

Janessa and I went to the midnight showing last week of "Pirates of the Caribbean 4..." She's been counting down the days for a whole YEAR - how could I say no? It was an adventure. Lots of people in costume, especially one guy who had Captain Jack Sparrow down from his hair dreads to his buckled shoes. I was jealous of all the people munching their buttered popcorn and drinking their sodas. Worst of all, I had restless legs and couldn't sit still. Luckily, I was in an aisle seat and could stretch out a bit. Loved the movie, though. Laughed out loud, jumped at a few scary parts, and got all mushy at Captain Jack's sensitive side. Go see it, but leave the littles at home. The mermaid part is NOT Disney!!

I just finished work and am ready for nap mode. Dean is making oatmeal for dinner - maybe I'll be able to taste it if I drown it in brown sugar! Funny how those sweet taste buds are stronger than the salty ones. Lately, I tried to count the food commercials in an hour's time on TV - there were at least 2 in every break! That would be about 40 an hour! No wonder my tummy growls for pizza (Oh, Pizza Hut, how I crave a Supreme right now!) and juicy burgers and all the rest. Whatever YOU are having for dinner tonight, savor it for me, okay? I'll be taking a nap instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment